Sunday, May 12, 2013

Module 7-New tool to try

Looking over everyone's curated material was quite fascinating!  There is so much out there.  I had a hard time deciding on just one new tool to try out.   I think Blubbr will be fun for students.  It is a blend of short video and then trivia questions.  It didn't look too hard to try-I did not have time to actually play with it. I can imagine it being useful in Social Studies when we study various ancient civilizations.  Students can pull info they discover and share it and then see if others in the class can answer the questions.  They would be in charge of the info.  It could be a great review.  To go with that, Shmoop had a great section on Greek gods! This section had a modern twist with a "wall" where the gods chatted, and their "cliques" and easy to understand info because of the contemporary look.  I wish we would have had that when we did our Greek studies!  Next year!  I also think Jing has a lot of potential.  They kids love sharing and this way they can narrate what they have discovered and we can post it within My Big Campus so the rest of the class can share.  Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment