Saturday, May 11, 2013

Module 6-Which concepts from the course seem most applicable?

I have learned a LOT from this course thus far.  Even though I am always late with my submissions because I have a zillion other things going on in my life, I look forward to finally catching up, going over the content, thinking, reflecting, and reading others' discussion points and blogs.  It reaffirms that I am doing some things right, but there is still so much more out there, and I get many "Ahhh" moments every time.  I consider myself pretty techie, but there is always more to learn and share.  So that is one one thing I have learned from this course:  there is always more out there to learn, and courses such as this, and other forums can provide something that is right for anyone, a novice or the most experienced.  There is reaffirmation and enlightenment!
Another thing I have gleaned is interpreting the SAMR model and the Technology Matrix and what they mean for me and my growth as a professional.  They are something solid to look at, my rubric, and keep me thinking head, evaluating what I am planning, and focused.  They will help me set goals for next year and beyond and guide me, and hopefully others I encounter along the way, toward more rewarding experiences for my students and myself.
My final concept is actually not a concept, but I guess a "Thank you" for all of the marvelous resources this course has put out front for each of us.  The course itself is providing sources, but through discussions, blogs, etc, we each get to share even more. Wow!  Each week there is something else that I have not heard of, and I can't wait to try it out; or I have heard of it, downloaded the app, and not quite known what to do with it, and now I have a solid idea (for next year, of course); or, as I stated above, reaffirmation that I am doing some things right with the tools I have found and utilize.

No comments:

Post a Comment